Continue reading this article to learn about the CUET exam in its entirety, including its format, its syllabus, and more!
CUET EXAM: Overview
The Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET), also known as CUET (Common University Entrance test), will be administered as a criterion for admission to various programmes at 53 central institutions. Following the CUET 2023 Counseling, candidates receive admission offers to these programmes based on their entrance exam results. The CUET 2023 Exam will take place during the third week of May 2023. Students who have earned their 10 + 2 or undergraduate degrees can access the CUET 2023 Application Form on the official website beginning on Feb 9. However, each UG and PG programme has its own set of requirements. Visit the official website to learn more about the CUET exam.
|Exam Name||CUET 2023|
|Full-form||Common University Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Mode Of Exam||Online|
CUET EXAM 2023: KEY DETAILS
Refer to the following table for important dates in regard to the CUET exam.
|CUET Registration||February 9 to March 12, 2023|
|Application Correction Window||March 15 to 18 till 11:50 P.M|
|Admit Card||Second week of May|
|Exam Date||May 21 to 31|
|Answer key||To be notified|
|Objections Window||To be notified|
|Final Answer key||To be notified|
|Result||To be notified|
CUET EXAM 2023: KEY CHANGES
Following are the major changes for the CUET exam 2023 made by the NTA review that candidates must review before taking the exam:
- Applicants for the CUET 2023 will have access to a wider variety of subject options during the registration process. Last year, students were limited to nine curriculum options. But this year, they can choose up to ten subjects from each of the three parts.
- The NTA has increased the CUET 2023 Registration Fee in accordance with the number of subjects selected by the applicants. General Category students had to pay a registration fee of Rs. 650 in 2022 for up to four subjects, but this year, they will pay Rs. 750 for three subjects.
- A registration fee of Rs. 3750 for three subjects and up to Rs. 11,000 for 10 subjects is prescribed for international students.
- The registration price for international students last year was Rs. 3000, regardless of the number of subjects they chose.
CUET EXAM: PATTERN
Here’s a revised exam pattern of the CUET exam:
- There will be two different slots available for the CUET exam 2023. The first slot will last for 45 to 195 minutes, and the second will last for 45 to 225 minutes.
- The CUET 2023 is comprised of one general test, one language test, and two domain-specific papers and includes four domain-specific subjects as well as optional language subjects.
- If one of the questions is determined to be incorrect, or one of the options is found to be inaccurate, or a question is dropped entirely, then any and all applicants who attempted the question that was subsequently dropped will be awarded five points.
|SECTIONS||SUBJECTS/ TESTS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||IDEAL ATTEMPT||DURATION|
|Section IA||13 Languages||50||40 in each language||45 minutes each section|
|Section IB||20 Languages|
|Section II||27 Domain-specific Subjects||50||40||45 minutes|
|Section III||General Test||75||60||60 minutes|
|Accountancy||Knowledge Tradition – Practices in India|
|Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry||Legal Studies|
|Business Studies||Environmental Science|
|Computer Science/ Informatics Practices||Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga|
|Economics/ Business Economics||Physics|
|Engineering Graphics||Political Science|
|Art Education Sculpture||Mass Media/ Mass Communication|
LANGUAGE TEST SUBJECTS:
OPTIONAL LANGUAGE SUBJECTS:
CUET EXAM: SYLLABUS
CUET Syllabus 2023 for Section I (IA & IB)
There are 33 languages on the CUET test. IA and IB subjects are included in Section I of the CUET Syllabus 2023, and further information about these subjects is provided below:
|CUET Syllabus of Section I (IA & IB)|
CUET Syllabus 2023 for Section II (Domain Specific Subject)
Topics specific to a particular domain are covered in Section II of the CUET Syllabus 2023. For each domain, the topic is distinct. Candidates may read more about it below.
|CUET Syllabus of Section II (Domain Specific Subject)|
|Computer Science/Informatics Practices|
|Fine Arts/Visual Arts(Sculpture/Painting)/Commercial Art|
|Knowledge Tradition-Practices India|
|Mass Media/Mass Communication|
|Physical Education/National Cadet Corps(NCC)/Yoga|
CUET Syllabus 2023 for Section III (General Test)
The Static Knowledge component of the General Test evaluates the candidate’s familiarity with both local and international news through questions on current events. The topics for the CUET 2023 exam’s current affairs and general knowledge parts are listed below.
- Current Affairs.
- Numerical Ability.
- General Knowledge.
- General Mental Ability.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
- Quantitative Reasoning (simple applications of fundamental mathematical principles taught until grade eight, including geometry, arithmetic, algebra, and measurements).
The CUET exam 2023 is coming up soon; with the right approach and study plan, you can pass it in one go. You can begin CUET 2023 exam preparation by reviewing the syllabus. Since there is more competition now, getting started as soon as you can will help you achieve your goals.